Sunday 12 February 2012

The Beatles



The Beatles
The Beatles are the best-selling band in history, with estimated sales of over one billion units.


The Beatles were an English rock band, active throughout the 1960s.


Formed in Liverpool, by late 1962 the group consisted of

John Lennon (rhythm guitar, vocals), 
Paul McCartney (bass guitar, vocals), 
George Harrison (lead guitar, vocals) and
Ringo Starr (drums, vocals). 


The group  worked in many genres ranging from rock n' roll and pop ballads to psychedelic rock


Would you like to listen to the music of 1964? Watch the Top 10 Chart and travel in time!






Travel back to 1962 and the Beatles' first single : Love me do
Love, love me do.
You know I love you,
I'll always be true,
So please, love me do.
Whoa, love me do. (bis)

Someone to love, Somebody new.
Someone to love, Someone like you.

Love, love me do.
You know I love you,
I'll always be true,
So please, love me do.
Whoa, love me do. (bis)

Yeah, love me do.
Whoa, oh, love me do.


The story of the song

"Love Me Do" is The Beatles' first single, released on 5 October 1962.
When the single was originally released in the United Kingdom, it peaked at number seventeen in the charts; in 1982 it was re-issued and reached number four.
In the United States the single was a number one hit in 1964.
The song was principally written by Paul McCartney in 1958 while playing truant from school at age 16. It has only got 3 simple chords, G7, C and D.
Now, can you answer the questions?
  1. Where and when did the song become a number one hit?
  2. How many times was the single released in the UK?
  3. How old was McCartney when he wrote this song?
  4. Did McCartney like school?


Write your answers in the comments!


Help! The video!


The same song, in concert this time! Listen to the fans!


Practice with the lyrics!




A Beatles classic, which attracted thousands of people to Hyde Park in June 2010 with Paul McCartney: Obladi-oblada
Are you ready to sing?


Practice the chorus : 


Obladi, oblada,
Life goes on, brah!
Lala how the life goes on!
(bis)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Write to Mrs Locke here! (anonymous users)