Sunday 12 February 2012

ABBA



ABBA was a Swedish pop group formed in Stockholm in 1972, comprising 
Agnetha Fältskog
Benny Andersson
Björn Ulvaeus and 
Anni-Frid Lyngstad


They became one of the most commercially successful acts in the history of pop music, topping the charts worldwide from 1972 to 1982. 


ABBA has sold over 200 million records worldwide and still sell millions of records a year.


ABBA was the first pop group to come from a non-English-speaking country that enjoyed  success in the charts of English-speaking countries, including the UKIreland, the U.S.CanadaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth Africa and the Philippines. The group also enjoyed significant success in Latin American markets (particularly MexicoChilePeruColombia and Argentina), and recorded a collection of their hit songs in Spanish.

The top 40 singles of ABBA! Enjoy the 1970s!

Sing to "The Dancing Queen", their greatest hit.



This one is fun to sing! It's "Knowing me, knowing you".

It's about a separation.
When a couple separates, you can say they split up or break up.
They can say we're through or we're  finished.
I have to go = I am obliged to go, I have no choice.

This is the chorus :

Knowing me, knowing you (ah-haa)
There is nothing we can do
Knowing me, knowing you (ah-haa)
We just have to face it, this time we're through
Breaking up is never easy, I know but I have to go
Knowing me, knowing you
It's the best I can do



2 comments:

Write to Mrs Locke here! (anonymous users)