Sunday 5 January 2014

used to , to be used to, to get used to

USED TO (DO SOMETHING) :  something you did repeatedly in the past, but don't do today (or something you didn't do in the past, but do now) or something that existed in the past, but not today.
  I used to live in London, but I live France now.
 White children and black children used to go to different schools in the USA and South Africa.
Colored people didn't use to be allowed in the front seats of buses when segregation existed.
There used to be racial segregation in the USA. It was abolished thanks to Martin Luther King.

TO BE USED TO (DOING SOMETHING) : something that is familiar to you (or not)

The dog isn't dangerous. He is used to playing with children.
I'm not used to having homework every night.

TO GET USED TO (DOING SOMETHING) : something that is becoming familiar to you (or not)

It's boring in my new school, but I'm getting used to it.
I got used to watching films in English. Now I understand everything.


read the lesson and watch the video

try the matching exercice on "used to" click here

can you sort the words in this exercise? click here

ok, now mix the three! click here



1 comment:

  1. 1) I'd rather ba a wizard than ninja
    2) I'd rather hava 1 00 000 dollars than 100 000 real money
    3) I'd rather have free starbucks than free music itunes forever
    4) I'd rather have invisibility and teleportation than ability to read minds and fly
    5) I'd rather be overdressed than underdressed
    6) I'd rather find 10 000 000 dollars than true love
    7) I'd rather have be able to read mind than fly
    8) I'd rather buy a mac than a Pc
    9) I'd rather own a big dog than a small dog
    10) I'd rather be a thief than a beggar

    Nassim boussandel 3°5

    ReplyDelete

Write to Mrs Locke here! (anonymous users)